Friday, August 31, 2012

Just Words

I sing you to sleep, my dear
You're weeping gently unto yourself, your arms thin, tangled in mine...
You hair trails in whisps around your face, laying gently across your pale skin
Tears have ceased and now just the odd spasm of emotion
I sing you to sleep.

Breathing as though my heart is broken
My soul is ruptured as it collides with yours
Your maleficent grace.
Nails rip into the curve of my arm, peeling back shreds of skin
and you howl...long, deep and torrid.

I squeeze you tight, almost crushing you
I feel you tense up, hear the long and drawn out breath
I suck in and gasp, 'No stop...' i whisper 'There's really no need...'
Your body curls up, your knees under your breasts...You tuck your head in close
Feeling the bones of your spine against me and one by one they begin to break,
Falling apart, tearing, your skin opens up as though ripe fruit and you scream.

How can one in so much pain survive? no wait, it's a dream.
You are with me, laughing, you roll on the grass, dragging me with you
Standing up tall you raise your arms in the air and spin, laughing...
'Listen to the waves!' you call out...sighing deeply 'Just listen to the waves...'
You turn to me, your eyes filled with tears, as one rolls helplessly down your cheek...
You hurriedly brush it away with the back of your hand and i look to you.
'I love you, you know...'
You nod, then turn away...folding your arms in front of you, you look out onto the sunset,
I pull myself up and shuffle towards you, lingering my your hip, glancing up at you.
'I'm here' i whisper and i see the knife in your hand.

Blood flows like pain, it courses quickly and has no mercy
Gushing onto the earth and seeping into the dirt, no remorse
The skies turn a vibrant red and the clouds speed up, racing across the skyline
The small guttural noises i make don't bring me any hope,
I stare coldly at your feet as they walk way, i hear your child like voice singing as you leave...
You dance in circles, your long hair trails around your body in some kind of slowed down motion...
No more tears.
I roll onto my back and stare up at the sky, my hand covers my wound, fingers digging into flesh
The hole where it had been.
I close my eyes and listen...no beating.
I close my mind and search...
I close...

1 comment:

  1. Its beautifully written in a sad way. I could almost feel it. Are you ok?

    ReplyDelete