Sunday, August 12, 2012

Silk Worms : Tadpole Review

There's a silk in second life for every character. And many of us go through a lot of different silks on the hunt for the perfect one. The truth is, is with the frequent changes in sl there is never going to be ONE perfect outfit. There's always a new designer, or a new accessory that can be added to an outfit.



Today though I want to tell you about an outfit that a dear friend selected for me. It's called Tadpole. In the images below you can see both varieties that come in the box. There is a sheer copy, and a solid one. It has a number of pieces included. Tadpole is made by Silk Worms. I have a few different silks made by them, each one is unique and has a different feel to it.

Am sure when I said that tadpole has a  number of pieces you are wondering, What exactly do I mean by a number of pieces? Well there's bangles to wear on your arm and leg. Two different belts (one with sheer silks, the other with solid). Then there's the set of tops and bottoms, one in sheer and one in solid.

The skirt is interesting in the way that it is constructed. It falls over one hip, while the silver chaining of the belting wraps around the waist mimicking the intricate knotting of the arm bands in the fine detailing. The silks that hang are shorter than most that I am accustomed to, but the lovely detailing makes the silk one that I do love.


One thing I will recommend is that when you pick out a silk, no matter what store you are planning to purchase it from you take into considerations your skin and hair coloring. If you are frequently wearing a burnt orange red hair, buying orange silks isn't really going to work for you. And beige silks may not show up if they're the same color as your skin. I'm not saying that you can't do these sorts of  things, am simply saying you should think about how it will look on your coloring. (for example, irl i can't really wear yellow as it makes me look kind of seasick green.)

But I really liked this silk from Silk Worms. They are reliable when it comes to the quality of their work. You can expect things to be beautiful and workable when you select it. Two thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment