Sunday, August 26, 2012

Celtic Music taking me back...

I have always listened to Celtic music, i was brought up on it & it always holds a special place in my heart & memories. At my time at The Village i used to spend most of my days going through my old back catalog of albums including many by Clannad, The Celtic Stone Circle album used to always fit perfectly those days sitting on top of the hill with my sisters, looking down on the mainland and Safe Zone...watching out for the distant scurry of one coming up the side of the hill...or hearing that 'Puphdt' sound as arrows whizz past you. Many songs remind me but this one reminds me the most...it's a very beautiful song & when i listen to it...i'm transported right back to the hazy days in The Village that i miss so much...

1 comment:

  1. Many many years ago, alone and sad. I came upon
    Loreena Mckennitt's Annachie Gordon and it changed my life forever. In fact for that one whole night watching the stars, I looped this song over and over... Thats my first Celtic and ever since. I did went to read up and follow her songs and was really heartbroken to what happened to her... But her voice touched my soul. I really love this one. I guess if I am a girl, I would had done the same for the man I love.

    http://elottebridger.blogspot.sg/2012/08/loreena-mckennitt-annachie-gordon.html

    ReplyDelete