Friday, April 26, 2013

Styling With Soka (3): Dryad

It is well past time for me to do another of these, and so I present you another non-human version of myself: My Dryad.  The newest, but I had to, because I really love, love, love how this one turned out.  Take a look:


I didn't want green skin or just tattoos, I wanted a dryad who looked like she stepped out of her tree, but spent the rest of her time living within it's trunk.  To that end, the mesh earth elemental avatar by Kaelin Westland was fantastic: eventually, I want to get all of her elementals.  Just looking at them feeds my creativity to see what I can do with them, make them characters of their own.  For the most part, being mesh, the body is default, but minor changes to size, fat, and head can all be done by editing your avatar's underlying shape, so I shifted mine just a little to fit how I wanted.  Honestly, it probably makes little difference, and the avatar is just beautifully done and textured.  It includes a walker, the leaves on the hands and shoulders, and the eyes, a lovely green that I couldn't beat for fitting the avi with anything I found in the market.  Yes, the branches coming out of her head are part, too.

Being who I am, I could not resist adding some personality... and clothes.  Even if I know she's made out of rock and bark, who I am just doesn't hold to running around nude easily.  You just have to be careful because, being mesh, clothing layers won't work and most mesh clothing won't look correct on the avatar, especially as you can't use an alpha - the alpha is already hiding your real body.  All the same, I found some beautiful clothes with prims just how I want, including the outfit in the picture, which has those beautifully sculpted wings.  For the hair, I decided early on I wanted a long, thick braid, and the one I found works perfectly! All the details are below.

Mesh Avatar: KK Fantasy: Earth Elemental
Outfit: ThatChick : Tiger Lily Fae (Includes the flowers on the right said of her face, looking at the picture)
Hair Wreath: ~Mystic Sky~ : Autumn Hair Wreath
Hair: ^;^ CaTwA ^;^ : Mesh Katniss/Light Browns
 Eyelashes: Evie's Closet: Leafy Lashes ~ Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment