Sunday, December 30, 2012

Holiday Wishes

Dear Blog Readers,

It seems hard to believe that 2012 is really drawing to an end - and, despite oodles of information to the contrary, the world is still ticking on and we didn't all end.  In the hustle and bustle of work, family, and holidays, it's nice to sit back some and reflect.

My mind spins to realize that, a mere twelve months ago, very few of us had even met.  It wasn't until 8 months ago I met the first of what would spawn the Sass Pack, and months later before the concept of Sass really solidified.  Since then, three groups related to Sass have spawned, we've lived on four different sims, and we've become fixtures of so many places that it is hard to even contemplate, let alone numerate.  Moreover, between the Pride and the Lions, I have met some of the best people I will ever know in my entire life.  Despite protestations to the contrary, it is quite possible to love from a distance, and to love deeply those whose true faces you don't see, because I know what is there inside.  Laureena, Lola, Sangrelle, Tiamet... you have become my friends, my sisters, and fixtures of my heart.  And no, I'm not going to call out everyone that has found a way past my numerous barricades, or this post would become much too long to read.  Suffice it to say, my heart, though tenderized, is the fuller for the time spent in sl and the people I have met there.

Some may be tempted to gloss over the bad and say how wonderful 2012 was.  I'm not about to dish that kind of bullshit at you, readers.  Like every year, parts of 2012 left me questioning my sanity and wondering if I could pull through.  Choices were made, good and bad, and I have grown as a person because of it.

But what I do know is how thankful I am to know each and every one of our regular readers, how touched I am for new readers who have actually read this far, and just in general how all of you have changed my life.  So I want to hope you all look back and see how others have enriched your lives - no remembering the bad!  That can stay in the past - and look forward to 2013 with hopes, dreams, friendships, and love.

From all of us here in the Sass Pack, I wish you the happiest of holidays, a very merry New Year (with the kisses - if not more - for those you most hope for ;) ), and let you know we will see you in the new year, back and roaring as loud as ever.

                                                                                With Love,
                                                                                              Soka


No comments:

Post a Comment